Members Come Vote!
OYHA membership will elect three new Booster Board Members immediately followed by the annual meeting of the members of Orono Hockey Boosters Inc. The meeting will take place Tuesday, April 19th at Morrison Ice Arena, 1025 Old Crystal Bay Rd N, Long Lake, MN 55356.
4:30 - 6:15: Members vote
6:00 - 6:30: Annual Meeting of the Members
6:30 - 8:00: Booster Board Meeting with newly-elected Directors
Members will be voting for three new Booster Board Members from the following six candidates (in alphabetical order) to serve three-year terms. Candidate applications can be found at the end of this article.
- Jennifer Benoit: "The opportunity that the Orono Youth Hockey Program provides each participant “to compete at the level best suited to aid in development of induvial physical and mental qualities” is a program that I want to promote, support and grow. Being part of the OYHA Boosters Board will allow me to utilize my passion of sports and the skill sets developed as a student-athlete to further drive possibilities for participants as they learn life skills and develop core values while being part an inclusive, team environment. It would be an honor to continue the legacy established and create a hockey program built on sportsmanship and excellence. I believe I can have an impact on the organization by bringing new ideas to promote growth and retention while developing multi-skilled athletes. The process does not happen overnight but with all of us working together, we will make a difference one participant at a time, and I want to be part of that journey."
- Chad Gerlach: "Hockey is a demanding sport at every level. It takes a village to ensure our current and next generation of players have an association to call home. I’d like to continue my role as the technology/communications Booster Board Member in the Orono Youth Hockey Association as way to give back to the community and help provide that opportunity for our youth."
- Peter Kolar: "Despite not playing hockey growing up, I have become passionate about the sport as I have watched my three kids participate at various levels. I have volunteered in team roles (Treasurer, Manager, etc.), but am looking to contribute in a more meaningful way going forward."
- Britta McGuire: "My Son, Charlie, just completed his first year as a mite. It's really important to me to be an engaged parent in my kid's activities and I know how important active volunteers are to the success of any organization. I'm extremely committed to anything I do, am detail oriented and have experience serving on other boards and committees."
- Sean Rohland: "Our family joined Orono schools and OYHA in 2020 after previously playing in OMGHA. This is a special community that we’ve grown to care deeply about in short order and we have a vested interest in the long-term success of the program given our boys will be playing for years to come."
- Brian Zjawiony: "Great Organization have balance. I’m proposing to be that balance for you. I never played hockey, it never was an option where I grew up. You played baseball or football; unless your tall then there was basketball. That’s it. When I see the passion expressed in this sport from my own children I get why it’s called the state of hockey. If I can offer any of my personal best traits to help support my children’s interest then I should raise my hand."
The Orono Youth Hockey Association is a thriving community asset dedicated to advancing the sport of hockey, developing social and physical youth skills, promoting teamwork/personal responsibility, as well as growing Spartan pride in our community.
Our successes are based on the passion and dedication of volunteers who believe in our Mission and are committed to the Orono Youth Hockey Association's continued growth, popularity, as well as sound management, governance, and oversight.
Immediately following the Annual Booster Board Elections on April 19th the Booster Board will begin the process to fill positions, from applicants below, for the OYHA Coaches and Warriors co-op committees. The Boosters Board will appoint three (3) applicants to the Coaches Board for a three (3) year term, and four (4) applicants to the Co-op Committee for a one (1) year renewable term. All applicants will be notified of the results once the Boosters Board makes final decisions as to the nominations.
OYHA Coaches Committee Applicants:
Warriors co-op Committee Applicants:
A special thank you goes out to all of our candidates who have expressed an interest in being part of the OYHA Booster Board, OYHA Coaches Committee, or Warriors co-op Committee.
Good luck to all!